Every business must adhere to a set of quality parameters if it wants to remain competitive and thrive in the market. International standards ensure that there is a level playing field at all levels. ISO are two examples of such organizations. International Standard Organization (ISO) is one of the most respected organizations in terms of quality standards. An ISO certificate is required for any company involved in manufacturing and/or service. This certifies that the product or service meets international standards and is consistent with quality parameters.
ISO 9001 is a mark that guarantees quality for any process or service. This standard parameter has been established by ISO. It is universally applicable in all nations. ISO is an independent, non-governmental international organization that develops standards for quality, safety, efficiency, and product/system/service performance.
ISO certification Australia is widely used in different industries such as medical devices and energy management. However, it is a sign that products are consistent in quality. It is numerically classified.
ISO has published over 21,000 standards in a variety of areas such as food safety management, health, and safety. Here is the classification
ISO 14001 Environmental Management- All companies involved in environmental management need to be certified.
ISO 27001 Information Security Management. It ensures that products and services are available to customers.
ISO 31000 Risk Management – It shows that the company can manage risks, which can otherwise have negative consequences.
ISO 22008 Food Safety Management. This certification is granted to companies involved in the food sector.
Get Your Business ISO Certified
The following are other ISO certifications.
- ISO 10002 Compliant Management System
- ISO 26000- Social Responsibility
- SA 8000: Social accountability
- SO/IEC 1725 – Testing and calibration labs
- SO 13485 – Medical devices
- ISO 639 Language codes
Other certifications are also available. You will need to apply for the certification that is appropriate for your business vertical. ISO certification is mandatory to guarantee the quality and safety of the system.
How Can It Help Your Company?
Your company must be ISO certified if it wants to compete on a global stage.
- It is possible to save time by identifying the source of the problem.
- It is a great way to improve the system and increase its efficiency.
- Ensures customer satisfaction.
- This is not a guarantee about the quality of any product or service.
- You will also be more competitive.
- Maximizing the value of your resources
Choosing ISO Certification Authorities
The certification is not granted by ISO if you intend to apply. Many external authorities can assess the standards and issue certificates if the company complies. You must ensure that you choose the correct assigning authority. These are the things you should consider:
- It is necessary to first search the various ISO standard authorities
- Find out if they comply with CASCO standards. But, ISO also works with the ISO.
- You need to verify if the certifying body is accredited.
ISO certification has a price. However, it is not fixed. It is not fixed. Costs vary from company to company. Costs can vary depending on:
- Number of employees
- There is a risk in the services provided by the company.
- The number of different processes.
- How complex is your management system?
- You can also see the number of shifts.
How Long Does It Take To Obtain Certification?
It varies from company to company how long it takes to process ISO certification. This is why the following timeframes are required:
- Small businesses: 6-8 Months
- Medium size organization, 8-12 month
- Large Organization: 12-15 months.